Workshop Software allows you to automatically send Rego, Service or WOF reminders by either email or SMS. Please bear in mind our recommendations are “best practice” and not a hard & fast rule. They are simply what we have found works best for workshops like yours.
1. Click on 'Settings' from the left hand navigation menu options and then 'Reminders';
2. Click on the button underneath Automatically Send Reminders to turn reminders on;
3. Enter the number of days before the renewal date that you want the reminder to be sent.
4. Turn on the message you would like to send; service, registration or in New Zealand WOF;
5. Enter the message you wish to send, following the instructions to insert the customer’s rego and next service date.
6. Having completed all your Reminder messages the last and most important task is to set up a Booking Reminder message. This can be set up as either an Email or an SMS, and notifies the customer that they have a scheduled booking with your workshop. The system uses the placeholders %custfullname% and %bookdate%. Again, these messages can be copied from the Service Reminder and customised.
Please note: In the Booking Reminder message we recommend that the days before the booking be set as “2 days” and, that you always employ the word “re-schedule”, as a means of prompting re-engagement, as opposed to losing the booking completely.
IMPORTANT (FOR SMS REMINDERS)
If you are intending to send reminders by SMS you will need to purchase them first. If you are paying your subscription by Capricorn you will need to contact Workshop Software on 1300 729 658 or (09) 280 3334 for NZ customer to register a credit card.
1. To purchase SMS’s click on your company name at the top of the page and select 'Profile' from the drop down menu;
2. Click on the blue 'Buy SMS' button at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts. This is also where you can see how many SMS’s you have left available;
WHERE IS A CUSTOMER'S PREFERRED METHOD OF CONTACT SET?
A customers preferred method of contact is set in the customer details settings;