1. Click on 'Customers' from the left hand navigation bar in Workshop Software:
2. Search for the customer whose invoice you want to credit using the search field:
3. Double click on the customer name or click on the blue 'pen' icon to open the customer details and then scroll down the page to the Customer Invoice section and double click on the invoice or click on the blue 'pen' icon to open the invoice you want to credit/reverse.
4. Note down the details of the invoice or print a copy as a reference, you will need to know the products on the invoice and the final amount so that you credit the exact same products and amount.
5. Now that you have the details of the invoice to be reversed you can raise a credit invoice. Click on the '+' icon located next to the main search bar in Workshop Software and select Customer Invoice from the dropdown box.
6. Search for the customer in the 'Select A Customer' search field and double click on the correct customer:
7. Enter the invoice details as per the original invoice EXCEPT, change the Invoice Type to 'Credit'. Ensure that the products entered are the same as those on the original invoice and the balance due also matches . In the invoice notes section you can reference the original invoice number:
8. Once you have entered the details to match the original invoice and the invoice type is changed to credit. Click the blue 'Process' button at the bottom right of the page: